What is the Alabama Cares program?
Alabama Cares is a caregiver support program providing supportive services for unpaid caregivers providing at least 20 hours of service per week. Eligibility criteria for the Alabama Cares program include:
- Caregivers providing care to individuals aged 60 and older;
- Caregivers providing care to individuals of any age with a dementia-related diagnosis and related disorders;
- Older relatives (including parents) aged 55 and older providing care to individuals aged 19-59 with severe disabilities;
- Older relatives (not parents) aged 55 and older who are informally raising children under the age of 18.
Caregivers can get support with:
- Information on resources and services available through public education, health fairs, brochures, and newsletters.
- Caregiver Access Assistance to obtain access to the services and resources that are available through outreach and case management.
- Caregiver Education to assist in making decisions and solving problems relating to areas such as health, nutrition, and finances.
- Caregiver Respite or temporary relief from caregiving by providing personal care, homemaker services, adult daycare, and other services requiring a skilled helper in the home.
- Supplemental Services such as incontinent supplies and nutritional supplements are available on a limited basis
Our Alabama Cares team, in partnership with M4A’s PANDA Project, hosts a monthly event we call “Coffee Break” that provides Caregivers with a brief moment of respite through a variety of topics. Sessions are hosted LIVE on ZOOM and Facebook, and they are posted on our YouTube channel.
The most recent session of “Coffee Break” can be viewed below:
Coffee Break will return in 2022! To stay up-to-date, please follow our Facebook page!
Our Alabama Cares Staff hosts two monthly Virtual Caregiver Support Groups on the second Thursday and third Thursday of every month. For more information, contact us today at (205) 670-5770, or email Holley Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org, Jeremy Raines at email@example.com, or Crystal Whitehead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-Home Direct Service Provider Forms:
- Alabama Cares DSP Billing Voucher / Reimbursement Form (CLICK)
- Alabama Cares DSP Weekly Services Log (CLICK)
- Alabama Cares DSP Service Log Summary Sheet (CLICK)
Adult Day/Night Respite Provider Forms:
- Adult Day or Night Facility Reimbursement and Billing Invoice (CLICK)
- Adult Day or Night Facility Monthly Summary (CLICK)
- Adult Day or Night Facility Daily Service Log (CLICK)
Billing Procedure for Direct Service Providers (SEE VIDEO BELOW):
UCLA Health Caregiver Training Videos Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpV57QGdU7I&list=PLw0lBK4PlwF5BJvKjJMTnLCQOKZfSMWXD
Provider Training Modules (Dr. Rita Jablonski, CRNP): http://m4a.org/pandadementiatraining/
Also, check out M4A’s new training website: www.training4aging.org